To be completely honest, my favorite cookie is actually Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, but I still like chocolate chip cookies none-the-less!
Of all the things I cook or bake, Kyle’s favorite is chocolate chip cookies. I am not sure where this recipe originated from, but it has been a favorite in our family for years. The cookies consistently end up perfectly soft and chewy. Almost every time I make a batch someone asks me for the recipe — so it is getting posted on the blog for easy access!
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 bag chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening, margarine and sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cool in fridge for 2+ hours.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet or roll into balls.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
This was my little helper the last time I made chocolate chip cookies (or…
View original post 20 more words